Ultimate Head Lettuce Mix
Heading lettuce has their own charm. This is a mix of our best-selling, crisp and butterhead lettuce varieties. Plant 5-6 weeks apart for a continual harvest.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: August – May
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 20+ cm
- Growth type: This variety is suitable for planting in pots or in small gardens, as they do not take up a lot of space.
- Ideal germination temperature: 12°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage, however, it can be sown directly in the soil from the start.
- Plant type: Halfy-hardy, Annual
- Plant use: Grown either mainly as a leaf crop or the young leaves can be used as salad greens.
- Plant/row spacing: 25 cm/40 cm
- Days to harvest: 70+ days
- Seed treatment: These seeds need light to germinate. If planted too deeply the seeds will simply not germinate. In this case, the seeds should very lightly covered with fine sand, soil or vermiculite.