Tender Delight Bean
Beautiful and delicate!
Heavy cropper of lovely stringless green beans. The beans are borne on sturdy bushes that generally do not need staking. Pods are long smooth, brittle and naturally tender. One of the newer Australian varieties, this is a great easy bean to grow in the garden.
Seed count: Approximately 25 seeds
Best planting: September – February
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 40 cm – 50 cm
- Growth type: This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: This seed is best sown directly in the soil as transplanting could reduce your yield.
- Plant type: Tender
- Plant use: Grown mainly as a green bean crop, and are well suited for use as shelly beans.
- Plant/row spacing: 30 cm/40 cm
- Days to harvest: 55 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.