A stunning, superbly sweet, small watermelon that packs an intense sweet punch. A great little producer for the home garden or gardener with limited space.
Seed count: Approximately 10 seeds
Best planting: August – January
Ease of growth: Medium
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 200+ cm
- This variety will sprawl and send out runners along the ground.
- Ideal germination temperature: 17°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Tender, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 150 cm
- Days to harvest: 85 days
- Seed treatment: These seeds will benefit from bottom heat, however, they will germinate without it. The additional heat stimulates germination, gives even germination and speeds up the process.