Santo Slow Bolt Coriander
Santo Slow Bolt is a lovely coriander variety for those looking for a regular ‘Dhanya’ supply. Plant 5-10 cm apart and pick often. Allow the plats to run to seed (bolt) for your next seed supply or for coriander spice for the kitchen.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: August – March
Ease of growth: Medium
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 50+ cm
- Growth type: This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 16°C
- Average germination in days: 10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage, however, it can be sown directly in the soil from the start.
- Plant type: Tender
- Plant use: This herb is used for culinary purposes, grown either mainly as a leaf crop or the young leaves can be used as salad greens.
- Plant/row spacing: 25 cm/50 cm
- Days to harvest: 30 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.