Purple Plum Radish
Deep purple, these radishes add a stunning flavour and colour contrast to any green salad. For something different, we like to slice them into quarters and add them to stir-fries.
Seed count: Approximately 50 seeds
Best planting: February – June, August – November
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 15+ cm
- Ideal germination temperature: 8°C
- Average germination in days: 5 days
- Sow method: This seed is best sown directly in the soil, as transplanting could reduce your yield.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: Grown mainly for harvesting its root. This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 5 cm/20 cm
- Days to harvest: 30 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.