Pak Choi White Stem
Speedy and tender!
Super quick-growing white/light green stemmed variety. This Pak Choi will be ready to harvest as a plant in 55-60 days or alternatively can be loose-leaf picked from around 50 days. Will bolt in hot temperatures, however, it’s quick growth habit makes it an ideal variety to fill in between longer growing brassicas.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: February – May, August – October
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 45+ cm
- Growth type: This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 10°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 40 cm/50 cm
- Days to harvest: 65 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.