Oregon Sugar Pod II
It is a really cool pea variety that is the original Mangetout. A slow-growing compact variety that is a heavy producer of lovely sweet tasty pods. The Oregon Sugar Pod is perfect for salads, stir-fries, or the stealthy garden snacker.
Seed count: Approximately 25 seeds
Best planting: March – September
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 60+ cm
- Growth type: This variety can be trained up either a lattice/fence/pole or string.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: This seed is best sown directly in the soil, as transplanting could reduce your yield.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 20 cm/40 cm
- Days to harvest: 70+ days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.