Orange Sun Sweet Pepper
Sweet and colourful!
A lovely, high-yielding sweet pepper with a deep orange colour. This thick-walled peppers make for a colourful addition as stuffed peppers, in your garden salads or just sliced into your stirfries.
Seed count: Approximately 25 seeds
Best planting: August – January
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 80+ cm
- Growth type: This variety is suitable for planting in pots or in small gardens, as they do not take up a lot of space, and has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 18°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Tender/Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 40 cm/80 cm
- Days to harvest: 75 days
- Seed treatment: These seeds will benefit from bottom heat, however, they will germinate without it. The additional heat stimulates germination, gives even germination and speeds up the process.
Out of stock