Moss Curled Parsley
Dense frilly leaves, make it the most commonly used herb for garnish. Parsley has one of the broadest ranges of essential and trace minerals of any herb out there. We chuck handfuls into our juicing machine for all of the added minerals that it gives.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: August – December
Ease of growth: Medium
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 24+ cm
- Growth type: This variety is suitable for planting in pots or in small gardens, as they do not take up a lot of space.
- Ideal germination temperature: 12°C
- Average germination in days: 21 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Half-hardy, Perennial
- Plant use: This herb is used for culinary purposes, and deters insects in the home and/or garden.
- Plant/row spacing: 10 cm/20 cm
- Days to harvest: 40 days
- Seed treatment: Certain seeds like beetroot and swiss chards have a very corky seed coat. Soaking them overnight allows water to penetrate the coat and assists with germination.