Mizuna Lime Green Streaks
Easy and tangy!
A wonderful Asian green that can be harvested from day 25 for a baby leaf, and day 45 for mature leaves. Their leaves are bright green, flat, wide & serrated. They are a low maintenance crop and very easy to grow and like the cooler weather to grow in. A wonderful tangy addition to any salad.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: February – August
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 150+ cm
- This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 15 cm/25 cm
- Days to harvest: 45 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.