Michihili Chinese Cabbage
Crisp and fresh!
A very quick grower that can be harvested in 55-100 days. Has dense and narrow leaves, deep green exterior colour and white/green interior leaves that have wide flat ribs. Can be used in soups, stews, salads, stirfries and pasta dishes. The leaves are often used like a lettuce.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: February – August
Ease of growth: Medium
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 45+ cm
- Growth type: This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 15 cm/25 cm
- Days to harvest: 65 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.