Kentucky Wonder Runner Beans
Kentucky Wonder is a huge producer of beans; they are best picked before the pods swell if you would like to use them as green beans. 30 well-grown plants will produce about 5kg of dry beans, truly a huge producer.
Seed count: Approximately 25 seeds
Best planting: September – February
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 200+ cm
- Growth type: This variety can be trained up either a lattice/fence/pole or string.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: This seed is best sown directly in the soil as transplanting could reduce your yield.
- Plant type: Tender
- Plant use: Grown mainly as a green bean crop, and are well suited for use as shelly beans.
- Plant/row spacing: 40 cm/40 cm
- Days to harvest: 65 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.