Green Wave Mustard
Hot and spicy!
A very high-yielding mustard. Leaves are heavily curled, frilled and bright green. They have a hot mustardy taste but mellows down when cooked. The leaves are spicy and hot when freshly picked. Baby leaves are ready from 21 days and soft serrated edges while a full-size leaf has heavily serrated edges.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: February – August
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 45+ cm
- This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 15 cm/25 cm
- Days to harvest: 45 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.