Golden California Wonder Sweet Pepper
We all know the Red version of this awesome sweet pepper. We are very proud to have this one available for you. It has taken a number of years to get it right, but now it’s available here. Sweet, crunch, bright yellow and with a lovely thick wall, these peppers will go down well in your salads or stuffed on your plate.
Seed count: Approximately 25 seeds
Best planting: August – January
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 80+ cm
- Growth type: This variety is suitable for planting in pots or in small gardens, as they do not take up a lot of space, and has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 18°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Tender/Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 40 cm/80 cm
- Days to harvest: 75 days
- Seed treatment: These seeds will benefit from bottom heat, however, they will germinate without it. The additional heat stimulates germination, gives an even germination and speeds up the process.