California Wonder Sweet Pepper
Ideal for beginners!
This is one of the top producing, sweet peppers for home gardeners. It is easy to grow and adaptable to many types of soil. California Wonder grows very well in containers and is a good choice for beginner gardeners. It is resistant to Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
Seed count: Approximately 25 seeds
Best planting: August – January
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 80+ cm
- Growth type: This variety is suitable for planting in pots or in small gardens, as they do not take up a lot of space, and has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 18°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Tender/Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 40 cm/80 cm
- Days to harvest: 75 days
- Seed treatment: These seeds will benefit from bottom heat, however, they will germinate without it. The additional heat stimulates germination, gives an even germination and speeds up the process.