Black Knight Tatsoi
An exceptionally dark green tatsoi with a mild flavour. High in brassicasterols as well as iron and B vitamins. This is a sublimely flavoured tatsoi that does not have the strong cabbage flavour that normal tatsoi’s have.
Seed count: Approximately 100 seeds
Best planting: February – August
Ease of growth: Very easy
Heirloom: Typically a variety that is older than 60 years.
- Height/width of the plant: 30+ cm
- Growth type: This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage.
- Plant type: Hardy, Annual
- Plant use: This is a well-known cooking variety, suited for both home and professional chefs.
- Plant/row spacing: 15 cm/25 cm
- Days to harvest: 45 days
- Seed treatment: No special treatment.