Flamingo Pink Swiss Chard
Beta vulgaris var cicla
A beautiful swiss chard with light pink stems, it makes a lovely addition to the veggie garden and adds more colour to your beds. It can be interplanted with the other Swiss chards to make a beautiful border planting in both veggie and flower gardens.
Seed count: Approximately 50 seeds
Best planting: August – May
Ease of growth: Very easy
Open Pollinated: A variety (if kept pure) that will breed true from season to season.
- Height/width of the plant: 65+ cm
- Growth type: This plant has a bush or compact growth habit.
- Ideal germination temperature: 15°C
- Average germination in days: 7-10 days
- Sow method: The seed is best suited to starting off in seed trays and then transplanted once they are past the two true leaf stage, however, it can be sown directly in the soil from the start.
- Plant type: Hardy, Perennial
- Plant use: Grown either mainly as a leaf crop or the young leaves can be used as salad greens.
- Plant/row spacing: 40 cm/50 cm
- Days to harvest: 55 days
- Seed treatment: Certain seeds like beetroot and swiss chards have a very corky seed coat. Soaking them overnight allows water to penetrate the coat and assists with germination.
Out of stock